Motus Rehabilitation & Wellness Clinic is an “out-of-network” clinic that requires upfront payment. Providing the highest level of care requires significant one-on-one time with our patients which does not allow us to take insurance. If you have Chiropractic and Physical Therapy insurance coverage, you can receive reimbursement for your rehabilitation. We also accept Medical Reimbursement Accounts (MRA), flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) as methods of payment.
Rehabilitation, living a healthy life or achieving peak athletic performance is not possible with a fancy app, smartwatch or youtube video. Whether you are post-op, have a chronic injury or training to achieve a personal best, our wellness clinic empowers your success. We offer Chiropractic Care, Rehab, Massage and more.
We are a Self-Pay clinic
- Our rehabilitation philosophy is rooted in a sustainable health care narrative. We believe in providing an elite level of care to individuals willing to invest in their own health, body, and mind.
- A reduced level of care is all that can be provided for the amount insurance companies are willing to pay. As a result, patients suffer or never achieve sustainable health ultimately contributing to our countries current healthcare status.
- It allows us to provide one on one comprehensive care with our team of doctors; a true wellness clinic.
- In a typical insurance clinic, 10% of the time is spent with the doctor and 90% of the time is spent with “interns”. however, at Motus, we don’t have interns and you receive the best care directly from our team of Doctors and licensed professionals.
The first visit is an hour long; you pay upfront.
We’ll focus on listening and discussing your concerns/goals.
A “custom” physical/lifestyle exam is conducted.
As a team, we’ll outline your treatment, plan of care, goals and start treatment right away that flows through the 4 stages of wellness.
- Because we are doctors, reimbursement from your insurance is simply a matter of submitting the paperwork; we’ll do this for you.
- In the end, the insurance company pays their reduced amount and the patient makes up for the rest to receive the highest level of care.
Superbills are submitted to your insurance for reimbursement, co-founder Joanna Solano works magic with the proper codes and paperwork; consider it handled already.
- Will it be fully reimbursed? It depends. All insurance plans vary and we have some who receive full reimbursement, but we cannot guarantee your reimbursement as many factors contribute to the end result. With the specialized receipts we have developed, the process is simplified for you so you can focus on your care.
- We are also happy to assist when and if any issues arise as best we can.
Having gone through and healed from tremendous health challenges in the past 8 years that include four major abdominal surgeries, he knows intimately the work that comes with creating, sustaining, and regaining a true sense of health. His clients consistently praise his capacity to help achieve relief from ailments and body pains that have gone unaddressed for years. For him, bodywork is about getting to the root of what’s causing disease, and sometimes that means having to look more closely at movement patterns and other daily practices.
Massage Training History
He first studied the traditional practices of Swedish and Deep Tissue. Following that, he dove into the Eastern philosophies of Shiatsu, Acupressure, Thai, and Reki. He furthered his education with what is known as Trauma Somatic Experiencing, Polarity, Myofascial, Cranial Sacral, Trigger Point Therapy, Clinical Deep Tissue, Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization and Movement Therapy Technique. In addition, Salvatore has specialized training in Yoga and Personal Training which lends him even more tools to help his clients.
This background of bodywork has allowed Salvatore to help a variety of Athletes on and off the field, including:
In 2006, Christie attended her first yoga practice in the small town of Yountville, California. Christie has studied with many teachers on her journey in yoga and she continues to meet new teachers (both on and off the mat) who nurture the spiritual and physical growth in her practice and teaching. She loves her students and is grateful to share the practice of yoga with others.
Christie has been teaching at Yoga Garden SF for four years, it is where she completed her teacher training and is currently leading their Yoga Teacher Training Program for two and a half years. She is also trained inYoga Nidra, which is a guided meditation that follows a systematic method for inducing complete physical, mental + emotional relaxation. She also hosts workshops/retreats which are all about breaking down the mechanics/techniques behind more elusive poses like the handstand/arm-balances.
Wisdom & Longevity
Purple is the color of wisdom, longevity, education. Imaginative and creative training, skill based work resulting an “Anything is possible” experience that is a step away from the ordinary.
Performance & Youthful energy
Yellow represents intoxicating energy, self awareness and body control with a focus on a locus of internal control resulting in a free spirit.. It represents optimism, youthfulness, clarity, and warmth.
Strength & Mobility
Active Lifestyle + Fitness
Blue is the foundation of the our Rehabilitation and Wellness Clinic. It is associated with strength, trust, flows like water (mobility), serenity (peace of mind), resiliancy
Passion for Health
Invest in Yourself
Red is related to survival, alertness, safety of physical self, love and investing in oneself via regular self care.
Professional, PHDs, Certified
Eloquent Balance of Science and Holistic Care
Grey is calm and professional. A sensible and eloquent balance of science backed medicine for rehabilitation and prevention via the four colors.
We are located on the plaza level of the 303 building, where the fountain and grassy seating area is located.
There are two entrances, one is on Folsom street, near Wells Fargo, and the other is on Harrison street. Park on level P2 and enter through the north tower door, if possible. First hour is free! $5 each hour after that; be sure to get validated at the front desk before you leave.
Monday 10 am – 7 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 6 pm
Wednesday 7 am – 1 pm
Thursday 9 am – 6 pm
Friday 7am – 1pm
In our wellness clinic: changing room and lockers with extra change of clothes (if needed), towels and shower products if you forget your own. In our building: bathrooms, showers, and additional lockers; bicycle and garage parking.
We accept cash, Debit cards, Credit cards, checks, Medical Reimbursement Acounts (MRA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) cards.