Frequently Asked Questions
- How are we different from everybody else?
- Do you take my insurance?
- What is out-of-network care?
- How do I know if my insurance has out-of-network benefits?
- How do I get my itemized receipt/bill?
- How do I go about getting reimbursed for my care?
- Why don’t you bill my insurance directly?
- Do I need a prescription for Physical Therapy or Chiropractic services?
- What if I am a previous patient of one of the Doctors but from another clinic?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do your Doctors provide any special treatment or practice special techniques?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- When do I pay for my care?
- How do I book?
- Do you offer Coporate Wellness?
- How do I find the clinic?
- Do you have parking?
- What kind of amenities does your clinic provide?
Current physical therapy/chiropractic clinics function within insurance-regulated parameters; time slots are often the same duration for every condition, frequency of care is inconsistent and rarely executed as recommended, practitioners are overworked and less dedicated to your care. Many people who come in with pain have seen multiple doctors, have tried multiple options, but never truly had a plan-of-care follow through, leaving them frustrated and discouraged.
So, we’ve eliminated those insurance parameters. As a “cash-based”, aka out-of-network clinic, we have created a new approach to care by integrating Chiropractic and Physical Therapy through packages of unlimited visits to either, or both, departments. We’ve done this so people can intensely, and densely, address their needs with two doctorate-educated practitioners looking over you and communicating about your care. When you purchase a package, you come as often as you need and see who you need to see (sometimes both clinicians in the same session) within the package timeline you bought. It sure doesn’t hurt that these packages include a little massage therapy too!
We are considered an out-of-network clinic therefore, if you have out-of-network coverage you may be able to get reimbursed for your care. This means we do not directly bill your insurance company, but we are happy to provide you with an itemized receipt/bill of the services provided to you. This will assist you with getting reimbursed for care.
Any provider who is not contracted with your insurance is considered out-of-network. Some insurances do not cover out-of-network care. Please be sure to confirm this before seeking out-of-network care, especially if you plan on submitting for reimbursement.
Some insurance cards have your in-network and out-of-network coverages stated on the front of your insurance card. If your insurance card does not have it indicated, you will have to call your insurance company. You can find customer service phone numbers on the back of your card.
Here are a few recommended questions to ask your insurance company (please be sure you inquire for the services you are planning to use IE. Chiropractic or Physical Therapy or Both):
- Will my plan cover out-of-network care?
- If so, what is the coverage?
- How many visits do I get a year?
- Are the visits combined with PT and Chiro or separate?
- Is my coverage a plan year or calendar year?
- What documentation is required for reimbursement?
- Is there a deadline for submission for reimbursement?
- Do I need a referral?
- Do I have a deductible for out-of-network services?
- If yes, has it been met?
- Do I need pre-approval for out-of-network providers?
Now that you have checked and confirmed you have out-of-network coverage, we will provide you an itemized receipt/bill the weekday following your treatment. It will be sent via email, or you can pick it up on your next visit.
After you have confirmed that you have Chiropractic and/or Physical Therapy out-of-network coverage, you will send your itemized receipt, as well as any other documentation your insurance company requires, via the “claims” address located on the back of your insurance card.
We feel that eliminating billing directly to insurance companies, we are able to spend more time with our patients. This cultivates an environment where we can provide better quality care, more efficient treatments, and accelerated recovery times for our patients. Everybody wins!
You do not need a prescription for Chiropractic services. There are some considerations with Physical Therapy:
- If you plan to use your (confirmed) out-of-network benefits, California allows direct access to physical therapy services. This means patients can be evaluated and treated by a licensed physical therapist without first seeing a physician for a prescription. You can be treated for up to 45 days without a prescription via direct access in the state of California.
- If you are paying cash for physical therapy services without intention of being reimbursed from your insurance, you do not need a prescription, as California allows patients to directly access their physical therapist.
First off, we are excited you found our clinic and so excited to continue care with you. Regarding fees, you will not be considered a New Patient so you will not be responsible for the New Patient visit cost. Your intial visit will be a re-exam!
We have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. Please call or email by noon the business day prior to your appointment to avoid being charged. The fee is 100% of the cost of the visit you missed.
Our doctors of Chiropractic and Physical Therapy perform Manual Release Techniques (MRT), Graston, myofascial decompression (cupping), and taping techniques with Rocktape and McConnel tape. Our Chiropractors practice Diversified Technique and, in addition to spinal adjustments, also perform extremity adjusting as needed. As part of the screening/exam, both Chiropractors and Physical Therapists use functional movement screens or FMS/SFMA. We also have other therapies available like Cervical and Lumbar traction, as well as modalities like electrical stimulation, ultrasound and the use of MarcPro, a non-fatiguing electrical stimulation that enhances cirulation and improves/speeds healing.
We accept cash, Debit cards, Credit cards, checks, Medical Reimbursement Acounts (MRA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) cards.
Payment in full is required at the end of each visit or prior to beginning package care.
Yes! Motus has particpated in company Wellness weeks, health talks and even partners direclty with coporations and small businesses to offer our care to their employees, including Massage, Chiropractic and Physical Therapy. Please go to the contact us page and email us to set up a new partnership or talk today!
We are located on the plaza level of the 303 building, where the fountain and grassy seating area is located; just walk up 2nd Street, between Folsom and Harrison. Our entrance is in the plaza. Please do no enter the building lobby, there is no entrance into our space from inside the building. If you parked in the garage and entered through the north tower door, you will be in the lobby of the north tower. Exit to the plaza, and turn left and we are just past Lee's Deli.
We have garage parking (for cars and bicycles) available for patients. There are two entrances, one is on Folsom street, near Wells Fargo, and the other is on Harrison street. Park on level P2 and enter throught the north tower door, if possible. This will be the closest parking to the space. First hour is free! $5 each hour after that. Be sure to get validated at the front desk before you leave.
In our clinic: changing room and lockers with extra change of clothes (if needed), towels and shower products if you forget your own. In our building: bathrooms, showers, and additional lockers; bicycle and garage parking.
If you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call or send us an e-mail through our contact us page.